Thursday, August 29, 2013

God cares

Driving in to work this morning the traffic was extremely heavy, patience was apparently very low as I saw many angry drivers passing and swerving in and out of traffic. I get to my office and the phone is already ringing with angry customers arguing and complaining. I check my email and it is filled with even more impatient people looking for support. I feel like I’m the only one working and no one cares. It's like there is a dark cloud hanging over my head. I count down the hours and minutes until lunch break which feels like an eternity away. As soon as the noon lunch hour hits I kick the door open and head outside to get away from it all. It is hot and humid outside and I start sweating as soon as I step in the parking lot.

 I drive to the back of the parking lot near a deserted area near the edge of the woods, pull my canvas camping chair from the trunk and sit down beneath a shade tree (this is my usual daily routine). I get settled into my chair and begin replaying the whole morning over in my head and feeling really frustrated. I close my eyes and begin praying and asking the Lord for strength to make it through the rest of the day.

 As I open my eyes, suddenly from out of nowhere a beautiful butterfly softly lights on my leg. I watch in amazement as it seems completely unafraid of me. It flutters it’s wings back and forth almost as if it is trying to talk to me. I pulled my cell phone out and began taking pictures of the butterfly so I could capture it’s beauty and remember it later. It walked around on my leg for a while, up my arm, across my shoulders, and then it fluttered into the sky and I watched it soar away out of sight. I was smiling, I felt a sense of freedom and renewed strength, and then I realized… God cares and He just answered my prayer! -- “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” ~1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.