Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Beautiful Barbed-Wire

This morning I was looking at some photographs that I had taken a few years ago. They were of places around my home in the country where I grew up. One of the pictures was of an old fence post wrapped in barbed-wire. To most people that wouldn't be very appealing, but to me it brings back fond memories of being a young innocent boy running around on the farmlands that surrounded me.

 It dawned on me while looking at those picture that people see things differently because they have never experienced it. To some a barbed-wire fence is a symbol of danger, privacy, and something to avoid. But to others, like myself, it is an invitation to grab the post, climb the strands, and jump to the other side to see what wonderful things await me; beautiful cool running streams, cow pastures, fields of fresh cut hay, banks of lush green clovers...

 I suppose it is the same way with God. Some people see the LORD as someone to avoid, a symbol of danger, condemnation, and judgment. While others see Him as an invitation, a symbol of safety, compassion, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

 Maybe today will be the day that you put your fears of the unknown aside, grab that post, climb those strands and see what wonders await you. “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” ~Psalm 34:8 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.