Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dear Savior Thou Art Mine

My family and I enjoy singing an old hymn titled, Dear Savior Thou Art Mine, written by Anna Hudson. We learned it after hearing it performed by the Temple Baptist Church choir during one of their meetings that was broadcast online. The words of this song really speak to me and reveal such wonderful Biblical truths. I'm reminded of these words from Isaiah 43:11: "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

The video below is my family singing this hymn:


Dear Savior Thou Art Mine (download sheet music here)
by A. Hudson

1. Dear Savior, Thou art mine,
How sweet the thought to me;
Let me repeat Thy name,
And lift my heart to Thee.

Chorus
Mine! Mine! Mine!
I know Thou art mine;
Savior, dear Savior,
I know Thou art mine.

2. Thou art the sinner’s friend,
So I Thy friendship claim,
A sinner saved by grace,
When Thy sweet message came.

3. My hardened heart was touched;
Thy pard’ning voice I heard;
And joy and peace came in
While list’ning to Thy word.

4. So let me sing Thy praise,
So let me call Thee mine.
I cannot doubt Thy word,
I know that I am Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.