Friday, August 23, 2013

Waiting for the SON to shine

I took the attached picture today on my lunch break as I sat outside enjoying the beautiful day. I watched above me as the clouds would pass by overhead. One minute everything would be bright and sunny, the next it would be dim and shaded. I noticed as the dark storm clouds passed by, that the sun was still up there it was just not as obvious. It still provided warmth and light and I knew if I waited long enough the clouds would pass by and the sun would shine in all of its glory.

 Of course I couldn't help but be reminded of the times in my life when it seemed that everything was going good and then suddenly a storm arose. Why in those times do we feel like God is not there? Why do we question Him and wonder “why me?” If we would only stop and remember that even though things may look dark and stormy, He is still there providing us with the strength to go on. If we will just be patient and wait, eventually things will get better and the SON will still be there shining in all of His glory. “For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.” ~Isaiah 25:4 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.