Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It Is All About Him

I have been on vacation this week, not really doing much, just enjoying time with the family and hanging around the house. On Monday we went to the Goodwill store and I found the perfect little Christmas tree to put in my pastor's study. As my wife and I decorated the little tree I thought about the reason we are celebrating this season. I'm reminded of a song I wrote about 14-years ago called "Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas." I don't have a recording of it but I would like to share the lyrics with you:

-------------
Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas
by: Byron Chesney (c) 1998

Too many time when people talk of Christmas
they mention Santa, toys, and candy canes
But they never mention Jesus the baby
Born in a manger on that night in Bethlehem

Don't take Christ out of Christmas
I want to hear about the manager where he lay
Don't take Christ out of Christmas
Because without Him it wouldn't mean anything

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with toys and candy
I love to give and receive all those things
But don't forget the reason why we're celebrating
The greatest gift was sent to us when Jesus came

Don't take Christ out of Christmas
I want to hear about the manager where he lay
Don't take Christ out of Christmas
Because without Him it wouldn't mean anything
-----------------
If I get a chance I'll sing it and record it and share it with you. Until the next post, remember in this busy shopping hustle and bustle time that it is all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.