When it comes to excuses for why people don't attend church, I guess I've heard them all. One of my pastor friends said the other day "if people gave their bosses as many lame excuses as they give their pastors for why they weren't at church, they would be fired!" Boy, he sure got that one right! Well, as I sat around thinking about all of these "excuses" I decided to quickly list 10 reasons why you DO need church. Here they are in no order of importance:
1. A place for Spiritual help and guidance
2. A place to worship.
3. A Pastor for when you are sick or in need
4. Weddings and funerals
5. A place for baby showers and wedding showers
6. A place for clean, family-oriented activities
7. A place to call "your church"
8. A place to volunteer and help others
9. A place to make friends
10. A place of encouragement and support