Saturday, October 15, 2011

How's Your Vision?

Greetings dear friend. I trust the Lord has been blessing you. Just wanted to share something with you this fine October morning.

This morning as I slumbered out of my sleep, I was a little annoyed that it was Saturday morning and 5:30 am and I was already awake. I was hoping to catch up on some much needed rest from a very hectic week. But, as I laid there I kept thinking about the message that the Lord laid on my heart to preach for tomorrow. The more I thought about it, the wider awake I got. So I just went ahead and got up and put some coffee on. I gathered together some things and headed out the back door and walked to the Pastor’s Study (which is where I am still now.)

As I sought God’s input on the message preparation, I prayed for His anointing, and Holy Spirit over the study time. I found myself almost as if in a dream as I poured through the Scripture and began penning ideas down. The more I wrote, the more excited I felt. I just allowed God to guide my thoughts and ideas and before I knew it 2-hours had passed. I began praying again and begging for God’s vision for my life, for my family, for my church, for the community, and I entered into one of those states of prayer where it felt like I was only opening my mouth and the words were coming out. I could feel that I reached Heaven with my prayers and He was listening.

My friend, if you’ve never experienced that feeling of connection with the Spirit, I want to urge you to be sincere in seeking God’s face. Do you lack vision in your life? Study your Word and find out what His will is for your life. There is no sense in going through this world without a purpose, without a vision of what God wants you to do and to be. The Bible says in Proverbs 29:18, “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” That vision can only come from the Lord Jesus and His Word. Won’t you seek Him today?

I will be preaching a message tomorrow entitled “Where There Is No Vision.” I would love to see you in church so you can hear what God has to say through His Word. If you need service times or directions just visit our website at www.hbcknox.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.