Friday, July 4, 2014

What God Does With Confessed Sin

A couple of years ago I preached a message concerning sin. After the service a lady that has been a member of our church for many many years came up to me and wanted to know if I could give her a copy of my notes that dealt with confessed sin. She said in all of her years she had never heard a message that explained it so clearly. I was happy to provide her with a copy of that portion of my sermon and afterwards I found there were other people that were interested in them as well. So, I thought I would share this with the readers of this blog. I pray that it is a blessing to you. Feel free to use this and share with others.

What God Does With Confessed Sin.

The Bible promises: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9).

By confession, sin is placed under the cleansing blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and when it is under the blood, it does not condemn any longer.

What God does with sin when it is confessed is explained in various passages:

Isaiah 43:25  I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 44:22 says, I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Hebrews 8:12 says: For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Micah 7:19  He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Psalm 103:12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Once you are forgiven, God never brings that sin up again. He doesn't hold it against you to use at a later date. It is gone forever. The only way it comes back up is if YOU choose to do so. If you are saved, Satan cannot touch your soul or spirit but he will do his dead level best to try to make you bring those past sins back up to try and damage your Christian walk.

The best way to defeat Satan is the same way that Jesus and Paul did:

The Apostle Paul writes this:
Philippians 3:13-14: 13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Jesus when tempted in the desert by Satan said this: Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Luke 4:8b

Also when Satan tried to use Peter to tempt Jesus, Jesus told the Devil this: Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men. Mark 8:33b

Tell the Devil to get lost! Pray to the Lord and He will help you. Sin does not have to defeat you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.