Monday, August 12, 2013

Beanee Weenees in Heaven

Yesterday morning at church there was a visiting family with 4 children. During fellowship time I shook each one of their hands. As I got down to the last little guy he stuck his hand out and with a huge smile said: "We're having Beanee Weenees for lunch!" I'm sure his parents were slightly embarrassed but they had no need to be. They have no idea how precious that little boy was to me. I squeezed his little hand and said, "Man, that sounds good! I love Beanee Weenees!" His face lit up in one of most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. I thought about it all day and started thinking how I wish everyone could be as innocent and truthful as that little guy. Then it struck me, that's what the Kingdom of Heaven is like. Not that we will dine on Beanee Weenees, although I wouldn't mind, but that we will all be innocent, truthful, and loving. Thank you Lord for a gentle reminder through the life of a precious child.  
"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 19:14 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.