Saturday, February 25, 2012

How About You?

I can remember back a few years ago, I was not living in God's will. Yes, I was saved and I felt I was a pretty good person, but I had become lax in my walk with God and was rarely reading my Bible or attending Church. For someone that has been saved since I was 7-years old, I knew better. I started noticing that I was never happy and life just had no meaning for me. I was nervous about getting back into church and living the way God wanted me to live. I had good intentions of doing what was right but every Sunday I would make up some excuse not to go to Church. Eventually some devastating things happened in my life which compelled me to seek God's will. Through much prayer, nervousness, and a sense of preservation, I got my life back on track and back into God's will. When I think back on those days I can't believe how selfish and self-centered I was. Nowadays I just keep pressing toward the mark and there is no place to look back or detour, it is full-steam ahead. God has blessed me beyond belief, much more than I deserve.

What about you friend? How are things going in your life right now? I want to ask you a few questions. Just be very honest with yourself and God. You don't have to leave a comment or anything but answer the questions below and then read my invitation at the end.

1. Have you been wanting to start going to church but nervous and not sure where to go?

2. Have you been out of church for a while and would like to find a new place to try?

3. Do you have a desire to work for the Lord but don't know where to start?

4. Do you have a talent such as singing, teaching, leading, playing an instrument, or organizing but no where to use your talent?

5. Do you feel that your current Church is not fulfilling the Biblical and Spiritual needs of you or your family?

If you answered yes to any of those then I want to personally invite you to Highland Baptist Church. Give us a try, I think you'll be glad that you did. For info and directions visit our website at www.hbcknox.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.