Saturday, April 19, 2014

God loves us more than a Mustang!

Some of my favorite times of sharing the Gospel is when I get to share it with children. Vacation Bible school and our annual Easter Egg Hunt are always great. It never ceases to amaze me at some of the things kids will say. This year I heard one I had not heard before.

All the kids were gathered around in a circle in front of me. I started off asking them what they knew about sin. Several of their little hands raised and they began naming off different sins. After this I went into how sin separates us from God and how we needed to repent and trust Christ as our Savior. Afterwards I handed out small slips of paper with John 3:16 printed on them and on the other side I wrote out John 3:16 and had them insert their names in place of "whosoever." They had a fun time doing that. One little guy that could barely read began reading it off and every time he said his name he would grin from ear to ear. I've got to tell you it really blessed my heart.

Then I made the statement to them that God loved them more than anything in the world. Several of them looked surprised but one young man said: "you mean God loves me even more than a Mustang?" I replied, "yep, believe it or not, even more than a Mustang!" He looked at me with his mouth dropped open and said "WOW!"

Sometimes I get a hard time from some people for giving the kids candy and letting them hunt Eggs. "Those are pagan traditions and have no place in the church," they say... Well, I don't know all about that but what I do know is that I was able to take 20 minutes and clearly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and explain to each one of those children about the love of God. If it means that that they ate a little too much candy and spent 15 minutes hunting plastic eggs in the Church yard then so be it. You know why? Because God loves us even more than a Mustang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.