Sunday, August 18, 2013

Breakin' the law

This morning I was leaving the hospital after visiting my brother. I merged onto the interstate and was quickly going 65-mph. I looked in my rear-view mirror just as a policeman merged on behind me. Instinctively I let off the gas and got down to the 55-mph speed limit. I noticed other people on the interstate also slowing down. Suddenly it dawned on me; I could choose to ignore the law and go ahead and speed and most likely the policeman would pull me over and write me a ticket. But, if I obey the law and be a responsible driver I will receive no penalty. Just because I have the ability to break the law doesn't make it right.

 I am all about grace. But let’s not forget that grace means “unmerited favor.” In other words, you did NOTHING to deserve it or earn it but God freely bestowed it on you. Too many people today have turned the grace of God into lasciviousness. How it must break the Lord’s heart to look down on the people that He died for and watch them trample His blood under their feet and then proclaim that same blood gives them the right to sin. Just because we have the ability to break God’s laws does not make it right. The Apostle Paul says: “What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.” ~Romans 6:15 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.