Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Are you being responsible to your family?

I have been having a real burden for families lately. I suppose because of the death of one of my family members and being around some of my family that I don't normally see very often, it has really hit home that I have numerous family members that do not attend Church.

I can tell you from experience that being out of Church and away from God's people will make you lax. You get lax in your prayer life, your Bible reading, and your time alone with God. When you get this way you don't have the fellowship with the Lord that He wants you to have. You will start to notice that things don't go as smoothly for you during these times as well.

I'm not naive enough to think that just because someone goes to Church that all of their problems are over, Heavens, no! But, I do know that when problems do arise and you are going to Church and walking close to God that you are able to get through those problems a whole lot easier.

If you have a family then you have a responsibility to see that they are spiritually fed; Deuteronomy 6:6-9:
"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." .  
I consider this just as important as making sure they are physically fed.

If you are a Christian you have a responsibility to assemble yourself together with God's people; Hebrews 10:25 says:
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." this is a commandment, not a suggestion. 
And, lastly, if you have your name on the roll-book of a Church, it is also your responsibility to attend that Church and support it.

This past Sunday night I preached about The Bible Living Family. I hope you consider giving it a listen. It might just be exactly what you need for your family right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before being published. Any comment that contains profanity, sexual remarks, or disparaging words will be deleted.